Many executives are dissatisfied with their jobs


If your an unhappy executive dissatisfied with your job then it appears you are not alone results from Korn/Ferry Executive Quiz have revealed that nearly half (47%) of employed executives feel the same way.

When asked what best describes employee morale within their company, 45 percent of employed executives said either "fair" or "poor," followed by 42 percent who said "good" and only 13 percent who said "outstanding."

According to Ana Dutra, president and CEO of Korn/Ferry Leadership and Talent Consulting,

"Maintaining high employee morale is one of the most significant challenges facing organisations in today's economic environment, and a critical part of it is based on the understanding of what truly drives and motivates executives.

Career motives can be very different from individual to individual: identifying high potentials and their career motives can make the difference between superior or just solid performance for any organisation."

"The global recession has left fewer employees to do more work, often for less pay. Stress levels are high and some executives are getting burnt out. However, irrespective of the business cyclicality, companies must take proactive steps to keep key employees engaged if they want to retain them for the long term and be seen as an employer of choice."

The survey has suggested a possible link between low morale and a lack of trust in company leaders. A surprising 31 percent of executives stated they do not trust their boss.

Despite this, however, three-quarters gave them favourable performance ratings: excellent (19 percent), above average (35 percent) or average (22 percent). Even worse, 36 percent of executives reported they do not trust their CEO.

In fact, when asked if their current CEO is the best person for the job, only 38 percent said "absolutely," while 34 percent responded "somewhat" and 28 percent said "not at all."

Finally, when executives were asked if they aspire to be CEOs, the majority (56 percent) said "yes," 16 percent said "maybe," 12 percent said "no" and 15 percent already are or have been a CEO. Aspirations also ran high for their boss's job. The majority of executives said they aspire to have their boss's position (67 percent) while the other 33 percent do not.

The Korn/Ferry International Executive Quiz is based on a global survey of executives registered within the firm's online Executive Centre. Respondents from 70 countries, representing a wide spectrum of industries and functional areas, participated in the most recent Executive Quiz in May-June 2009.

Executive morale

Your executives moral it vital to your business success and recession recovery. Find out exactly what your executives think using employee surveys.

Hedley Basford management consultants have expert understanding of how to developed questionnaires and methodologies for conducting employee surveys.

Our research has shown us that responses are generally more forthcoming and frank when conducted by an independent, external consultant who can preserve employee anonymity.

For more information including a free half hour consultation contact us today.

← Back to Index

Email usTel: +44 (0)330 555 4680

Our site uses cookies to help provide you the best experience. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Find out more about cookies and how to change your cookie settings in your browser.